There's already a tremendous investment by higher education institutions in empowering the next generation of Makers. We want to help support this even more.
Our primary goals are to:
- increase understanding of the potential and value of Making in Higher Education
- illustrate how support for Making in Higher Education translates into tangible gains (student success, economic development, innovation, and groundbreaking research);
- support the Higher Education community in identifying and sharing key resources for instructional and institutional success through Making;
- catalyze innovation in STEM and STEAM education through Making by connecting leaders in these approaches to the community and to industry;
- foster opportunities for student and community Makers to connect through US campuses; and
- support new K-12 pathways for young Makers, and increase access to Higher Education through Making outcomes.
Our starting point for this, is to collect a series of profiles which showcase how different institutions around the nation are engaging 'Maker culture', to increase shared understanding and support this higher ed. community.